NLIS Tags for Western Australia (WA)
How to order NLIS ear tags for Western Australia (WA) properties:
If your property is in Western Australia (WA) you can order NLIS approved ear tags from our website and no additional authorisation/approval is required from State or Federal Government bodies.
NLIS Ear Tags for Cattle in WA
- All cattle in Western Australia (WA) are required to be earmarked or branded by the age of six months in the south west and by 18 months in the north, or before leaving the property, whichever occurs first. All cattle require a National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) electronic device before leaving any property.
- More information about Western Australia (WA) NLIS requirements for cattle can be found on the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DAFWA) website
NLIS Ear Tags for Sheep & Goats in WA
- Livestock traceability is important particularly in the event of a food safety incident or an emergency animal disease outbreak such as foot-and-mouth disease. The NLIS can be used to trace animals back to their property of origin, identify any contact animals and allow control measures to be implemented quickly. The NLIS database records the movement of all sheep across Australia. It requires sheep producers and industry stakeholders such as agents, abattoirs and saleyards to register and record sheep movements on the electronic database.
- More information about Western Australia (WA) NLIS requirements for sheep and goats can be found on the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DAFWA) website
Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DAFWA)
DAFWA Sheep NLIS Helpdesk
- Telephone: +61 (0)8 9363 4150
- Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Livestock Identification Scheme (NLIS)
Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA)