NLIS Tags for Victorian (VIC)
How to order NLIS ear tags for Victorian (VIC) properties:
If your property is in Victoria (VIC) you CANNOT order NLIS approved ear tags from our website; all NLIS tags for use in Victoria, for both cattle and sheep, must be purchased from the Victorian State Government - Agriculture Victoria.
You can only order Flexible Management ear tags from our website.
To order NLIS tags in Victoria go to:
NLIS Ear Tags for Cattle in VIC
- The National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) is Australia's system for identifying and tracking beef and dairy cattle. The Victorian Government and cattle industry organisations have agreed to work together to fully implement the NLIS so that consumers in Australia and overseas can have confidence in our beef and dairy products.
- The NLIS will enable cattle to be reliably identified and tracked from their property of birth to slaughter, protecting the reputation of Victoria's cattle industry as a supplier of 'clean' wholesome beef and dairy products and providing a competitive advantage in domestic and export markets.
- More information about Victoria (VIC) NLIS requirements for cattle can be found on the Agriculture Victoria website
NLIS Ear Tags for Sheep & Goats in VIC
- From 1 January 2017, all sheep and goats born in Victoria will require an electronic identification tag, linked to the NLIS, before being dispatched to a saleyard, abattoir or another property.
- More information about Victoria (VIC) NLIS requirements for sheep and goats can be found on the Agriculture Victoria website
Video produced by Agriculture Victoria about the "Transition to Electronic Identification (EID) of Sheep and Goats in Victoria":
National Livestock Identification Scheme (NLIS)
Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA)